LOOK - FOCUS - OBSERVE - THINK – FEEL - DISCUSS
QUESTIONS TO START A CONVERSATION ABOUT ART
• What do you see in this picture?
• What do you think it’s made of and how do you think it was made?
• What does it remind you of and why?
• What 5 words come to mind when you look at it?
• Use these words to tell a story about this picture.
• Choose a few images. How are they all the same? How are they different?
• Now write a story that connects all of these pictures.
• DO NOT TOUCH WORKS OF ART AND ARTIFACTS!!!
• Stand at least three feet away from works of art
• Do not gesture within 2 feet of artworks
• Do not run
• Stay with your group
• Considerate behavior is expected of all visitors
• Be courteous to other Museum visitors, groups, and school tours by keeping voices at a moderate level
• Comply with the directions of the gallery guard
• In case of emergency, notify the gallery guard
• Any group or individual whose behavior is disruptive will be asked to leave
NOT PERMITTED IN THE GALLERIES
• Foods and liquids, including chewing gum and candy
• Backpacks, large bags, portfolios
• Portable radios, CD players, IPODs, etc.
• Cell phone usage apart from cell phone touring
• Photography is NOT permitted in temporary/special exhibitions
• Pens, markers, or crayons
PERMITTED IN THE GALLERIES
• Drawing media in pencil form only (including colored pencils) and erasers
• Drawing boards (no larger than 18” x 24”) and clipboards
• Sketch pads (no larger than 18” x 24”)
• Paper and index cards
• Photography IS permitted in The Bookstore, Hudson Riverama and Glenview ONLY (without tripod)